Monday, November 21, 2011

Is Differin - Adapalene ever used to treat allergic reactions on the skin?

Please tell me that my allergist is not a big idiot. I just had skin (prick) testing done for allergies. To soother the allergic welts that came up, my allergist puts Defferin on them and gives me samples of it to take home.





I looked on the internet and Differin - Adapalene is an acne medicine that is used to keep pores clear.





Do you use it for skin irritation from allergies too? I would think you would use cortisone ointment for that?





Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

Is Differin - Adapalene ever used to treat allergic reactions on the skin?
All I know is that Differen is for ance.


And it dries the skin out like crazy. {I had to use it}


And it doesn't make sense that he'd use that on your skin for allergies. Maybe go see another doctor?
Reply:They are acne med's. to me it would seem to further agitate your skin and not calm the allergic reaction.





Did your allergist say what you are allergic to?





I would think if you are welting/itching from allergies, to sooth you should use something like a hydrocortisone cream or something similar to what would be used for bug bites, oatmeal soap or aveno type cleanser and allergy meds.





Once you get your allergies in check, via flonase or other allergy combatant you skin will quit reacting.





If your breakout is a superficial allergy meaning, you could be allergic to fragrances in your laundry detergent, your current skin care or make up etc. then switch to non fragrance organic detergent, no fabric softeners and move to a hypoallergenic skincare system with no fragrance in it.





Till you clear, would suggest cleaning your pillow cases at least twice a week in case you are allergic to dust mites, which some people are


No comments:

Post a Comment