Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dog with skin issues?

Hello, my foster dog came to me a few weeks ago %26amp; he has been itching up a storm. He was dx with dermititis from his previous vet %26amp; prescribed anti-biotics %26amp; another med I believe to be a steriod (label was wrecked when I got it). I do not believe in using medicines (drugs) unless it is absolutely necessary. Scooby was on a poor diet for most of his life, he is 6, but for the last month or so he has been on Canidae. I give him fresh herbs, supplements, Omega 3's, garlic, DMG, Organic apple cider vinegar, home prepared food, yogurt, cottage cheese, 2 homeopathic pearls, %26amp; I use flower essenses for skin %26amp; allergies. I don't know if there is anything else I may have missed. He is on Frontline (applied before he arrived), %26amp; he came in itching so it is not something just here. It could be his horrile diet of 6 years of Kibbles %26amp; Bits. thank you for reading %26amp; any suggestions.

Dog with skin issues?
Sounds like Scooby might have allergies - talk to a vet!





I also believe you might get a WHOLE lot more responses and better advice if you asked your question under the Dogs section of Pets.





-


No comments:

Post a Comment