Thursday, July 22, 2010

So I've got these allergies that cause my skin to peel. . .?

but it's only on my hands and feet and only if they come in contact with what I'm allergic to. I seem to be allergic to something in the summer because my hands and feet (I usually walk around barefoot) peel either mid summer or late summer. This week was fun because my g/f took me out to a picnic. I put my hands on the grass and volia! the next day I had small itchy bumps on my hands. After a few days of scratching and chewing on my hands the bumps finally popped and my hands stated peeling. Now my fingertips have/are peeling. Anywhere from 1-3 layers have come off/are coming off and some larger chunks then others.


Oh and I've had this all my life. My mother also had it until she had me. (I think)


My questions are these:


1.) What is this called?


2.) How can I speed up the process?


3.) Any pointers on how to make this process more bearable other then the obvious "stop it before it starts"?

So I've got these allergies that cause my skin to peel. . .?
it could be atopic dermatitis. that happens to my hands. do they itch really bad and turn red and puffy? if so you can get a prescription steroid cream that clears it up in a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment