Saturday, July 24, 2010

Skin patch testing question.?

Wondering if anyone has had patch testing for skin allergies at the dermatologist and can answer a question for me?





I went on Monday and got the patches on and forgot to tell them about the fact that I was prescribed Flonase 3 days earlier by the allergist. In fact, I forgot all about even being on the Flonase since I had just started it.





Does anyone know if this will affect the results of the test? I go back Friday to get the 2nd round of results read. The patches have been off since Wednesday after I got my first (negative) reading.





I KNOW I am allergic to things because I have reactions. I just don't want to go through all of this trouble to have these tests come back negative because of a drug interaction. (By the way...I am pretty sure that the test they used is called True Test if that makes any difference).





Anyone?





Thanks and sorry for the long question.

Skin patch testing question.?
Relax the Flonase has a local effect and will not affect the patch tests applied to your back or arms.





The True Test checks for allergies to the 23 most common allergens. There is a possibility that you may be allergic to one of dozens of other allergens. So a negative test does not mean that you are wrong about being allergic-- just that they haven't found what you are allergic to.


No comments:

Post a Comment